Vagabond Productions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Horizons Overview

Go down

New Horizons Overview Empty New Horizons Overview

Post  Mike McCall Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:21 pm

Thirteen months ago, the world was shaken to its foundations by the exposure of people with strange powers in our midst. But up until now, Regina had escaped the shadow of the Emergence. Life continued as if the world was not being reshaped by people with amazing abilities.

One week ago, all that changed. A battle between two superhumans cut across downtown Regina, leaving massive destruction in its wake. Regina was given notice: the new age had arrived.

Today, the New Horizons Foundation is holding a testing clinic for those exposed to the battle (and anyone else who wants to be tested). They have offered to check for any strange ill-effects, but also for the signs of potential or emerging "metahuman talents".

"New Horizons" is a live-action event set in the world of Icons. Players will have the opportunity to play staff of the New Horizons Foundation, people who have come to be tested, and other interested parties who are present at the testing clinic. Not every character will have powers, but everyone will have something to do.

The event will be presented at FRAG Games Day on December 19. The game will start at 8 PM. We will go as long as we go, but I expect to be finished by 11 PM.

Games Day attendance fee is necessary to play ($5 for non-members, $3 for members), but that gets you into the whole Games Day, from noon to 12 PM. I will be running an Exemplar demo game in the afternoon, from 2 PM on.

Those who request characters early will have the option of customizing their character statistics: approximately 1/4 of the character's points will be unallocated. Characters will be available at the November Games Day, and henceforth. If you have the Icons character creation information, you can finish the character at home, and submit the additions by the afternoon of the game. Otherwise, I will make myself available to help people finish characters. You may also choose to have me complete the character. The deadline to select a character and customize it is Saturday, Dec. 12.

Mike McCall
Admin

https://vagabond-productions.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down