Vagabond Productions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gauging Interest For a Possible One-Shot

3 posters

Go down

What are your preferences for this game, as a player?

Gauging Interest For a Possible One-Shot I_vote_lcap63%Gauging Interest For a Possible One-Shot I_vote_rcap 63% 
[ 5 ]
Gauging Interest For a Possible One-Shot I_vote_lcap13%Gauging Interest For a Possible One-Shot I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Gauging Interest For a Possible One-Shot I_vote_lcap13%Gauging Interest For a Possible One-Shot I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Gauging Interest For a Possible One-Shot I_vote_lcap0%Gauging Interest For a Possible One-Shot I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Gauging Interest For a Possible One-Shot Empty Gauging Interest For a Possible One-Shot

Post  Mike McCall Fri May 15, 2009 2:01 am

As some of you know, I have a few one-shots ready to go when Above the Maddened Crowds ends. Recently, I realized that one of them would be excellent on Willow Island. Unfortunately, this limits the time period. I'm thinking that to do it outdoors, the best time this year would be August. So I figured I'd toss it out there, and see who was interested.

Setting: Icons

On Utopia Island

In the middle of the Pacific Ocean, a new island the size of Ireland has risen, the work of a single superhuman. He has announced that this island is the new metahuman homeland, a place for those with extraordinary powers to live free of the restrictions of the mundane world. He has invited all the world's metahumans to join him there and chart the course of this new Utopia.

Opinions are divided and tensions run high, as supers around the world ask themselves what to do about this new and shocking development.

Mike McCall
Admin

https://vagabond-productions.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Gauging Interest For a Possible One-Shot Empty Re: Gauging Interest For a Possible One-Shot

Post  Parmeisan Wed May 20, 2009 11:08 am

The possibility of playing this on an actual island in the summer is very exciting - although it does, come to think of it, mean either arriving at the island in costume or changing once there - in a not very secluded location, most likely. However it would surely be worth it.
Parmeisan
Parmeisan

Back to top Go down

Gauging Interest For a Possible One-Shot Empty Re: Gauging Interest For a Possible One-Shot

Post  Mike McCall Wed May 20, 2009 11:33 am

There are washrooms on the island where you can change. That said, they are not the most charming places in the world. Smile

Overall, though, Icons is not your traditional superhero setting, and I'm sure most people will be able to live with appearing in public in their costumes. And once we're on Willow Island, you can't really see much. We used to play Changeling there, and it's relatively secluded.

Mike McCall
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parmeisan Wed May 20, 2009 11:35 am

Well, it sounds awesome to me.
Parmeisan
Parmeisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:01 pm

I like this idea.. I really do.

Would it be premade characters/pitch you a concept or self made characters though? thats the only thing i am wondering about.
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike McCall Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:14 pm

On Utopia Island (and for that matter, most Vagabond Productions from here on in) will be a combination of premade characters and build-your-own.

Basically, I will have character roles assigned, but if you pick charcters before a certain date, you will be able to customize them, spending 1/3 to 1/2 of their character points yourself, and probably being able to assign up to half their Passions.

In the case of On Utopia Island, I'm willing to accept submissions, as long as you pitch me well ahead of time, and your pitch includes not only abilities, but your goals for the scenario. If the character is workable, I'll integrate him into the scenario.

Mike McCall
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike McCall Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:29 am

Thank you all for voting. Given the results here, but also other concerns, I've decided to hold off on this until next summer. My first Vagabond one-shot will probably be sometime in late September-late October (maybe even a Hallowe'en game).

Mike McCall
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down